Secure Web Gateway

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Web Gateway. Complete web protection everywhere.

Suggest an Idea...

Enhance the Web Filter Action

Dear Sir/Madam,
I had a problem with the Filter action and how we can add the URL in “ Allow these websites”. When I checked with the support to troubleshoot this problem . We eventually reached to the point that sometime if I want to allow a certain website like: www.sabb.com, I have also to add additional URL related to this URL like:
ssl.google.analystics.com , member-hsbo-group.com and www.googleleadservice.com.

I told the support this is not practical way to add to “ allow these websites” , it is difficult to find in the logs every time and find which hidden website behind a certain website. However, even if added this URL to the exception under “ Filter Options” this also did not work.

I wondering, what is the benefits of Exceptions or “ allow these website” if I have to do it manually. Or I have to allow " Finance " Cat. to let this Bank Website works.

I suggested to enhance this and make it more accurate.

1 vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.