Secure Web Gateway

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Web Gateway. Complete web protection everywhere.

Suggest an Idea...

Web Appliance: Allow skype with the HTTPS Scanning on

When HTTPS scanning is enabled, Skype fails to work because it is trying to send non-HTTP traffic over the SSL tunnel.

It is essential to be able to scan https sites and also essential to be able to support messaging apps, in particular Skype and iMessage. For Skype – maybe even setting up a simple SOCKS proxy on the Web proxy might do the trick, we do not need to examine or track the contents of the Skype messages." case 3693911

23 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sanju Shrestha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have created the rule for the users who can only able to run the skype and nothing else. I have added Skype in the application filter and in webfilter i have allowed skype.com in the domain and select filters in firewall rule for the particular users which i want them to use. Skype web site opens but the application is not working it show the set the correct date and time for skype but when i disable the web filter which only allows skype website and block all the other traffic. It works. Can you tell me where i am going wrong?.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add skype on Application list. Also you can allow Admins to control Skype (chat, video, send file).

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.