Data Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Data Protection products. Protecting your data, wherever it goes.

Data Protection

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Data Protection products. Protecting your data, wherever it goes.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Define Password Complexity from Central

Please add some more Bitlocker configuration possibilities, like the option to configure the password complexity, as described here:
    http://windowsitpro.com/security/q-how-can-i-set-password-complexity-removable-bitlocker-protected-devices

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Sophos Central Full Disk Encryption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is on the backlog for a future release.
    We can’t control the GPO settings for the password complexity which means that if the Admin overrides password rules via central GPO settings then we can’t enforce the Central Device Encryption password rules on the endpoint. However, if there are no password rules defined via GPO, the Central Device Encryption password rules will apply.

2. SGN8: application based encryption: prevention of decryption

With SGN8 and application based encryption users also have the possibilty to manually decrypt encrypted files or to create password protected HTML5 containers (which has the same effect) by using the context menue. One of the first questions customers ask us: can I prevent users from doing this?
    Actually I can't. So the feature request is: policy based elimination of the possibility to manually decrypt encrypted files to prevent data leakage.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  SafeGuard Enterprise File Encryption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.