SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

URL Redirection

It would be great if it would be possible to redirect certain URLs

For example:

www.company.com => www.company.ch/site1
www.company.com/site1 => www.company.com/newsite

Thank you :)

328 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

DanielDaniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

36 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Albert WilkesAlbert Wilkes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried to get this working with the site path routing feature only to learn after a long time that this doesn't do what I am after but just passes on the whole URL including path from the frontend to the backend.

• Craig McIntyreCraig McIntyre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I concur, this is a basic requirement of a reverse proxy solution, I can't believe it's not there already!

• Allan DynesAllan Dynes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this not already a part of the XG? The XG is labeled as a TMG 2010 replacement but TMG had this ability and this doesn't? It needs to be added aSAP.

• SvenSven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ever used putty? might wanna try it.....Have a dual SG650 setup here, try to get the same list of options and performance in this pricerange...... i wish you good luck on that....

Tried way bigger vendors , in this price range, you cant find much better equipment....

• ChrisChris commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sophos UTM SUCKS !!!
        There is so many features missing and so many issues to be used in a company with more than 100 users !!!!! I regret so much my BlueCoat !!!!

Sophos UTM and XG are just good enough for a small business that is doing standard web surfing....

Run Away from that if you are actually concerned by Information Assurance or Cyber Security....

So Frustrated right now !!!!

• Michael TripMichael Trip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update from Sophos regarding this feature request? I need it for a project.. Very badly :)

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a hack way around it using the site path routing and real webserver options.

Create a new real webserver using a DNS host address as (using the above)

"www.company.com/newsite" (Note this will not resolve)

Then create a site path route to "/" and select the above host as the destination

Not perfect, but got us over the line without having to resort to IIS or Netscaler.

I see they use an apache2 instance for their WAF feature. Apache 2 is capable of rewriting host headers and urls. The WAF Feature is packed in
        chroot-reverseproxy-2.4.10-159.g9bc4935.rb3.i686.rpm

And in your
        \var\storage\chroot-reverseproxy\usr\apache\conf\

their shold be a reverseproxy.conf with your settings. If you're good a apache 2 configuring you're able to write theese config files from overwriting vom confd maybe you're able to build and test a rewriting feature.

Indeed, I'd need to have this option also. I've two domains that are listening to the same CAS server and I need two URL's. Without his option, I need to make a workarround via IIS, with I think is silly.

Sophos is advertising to be "THE" replacement option for TMG, but this needed, and should be standard in my opinion, option is not available.

• BWBW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are tons of examples of how to do this in .htaccess files. A few simple options, like the original requestors, would be great. Even better would be an "advanced" freeform text box to paste in more complicated regex.

Yes, please. There must be a way. Kann doch nicht so kompliziert sein. Gebt Euch einen Ruck. :-)

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.