Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!
Header Image

I suggest you ...

URL Redirection

It would be great if it would be possible to redirect certain URLs

For example:

www.company.com => www.company.ch/site1
www.company.com/site1 => www.company.com/newsite

Thank you :)

641 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DanielDaniel shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: URL Redirect is missing - we moved from TMG.  ·   · 
    TimTim shared a merged idea: Web Server Protection: Add Mod_Rewrite support (URL Rewriting)  ·   · 

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a hack way around it using the site path routing and real webserver options.

Create a new real webserver using a DNS host address as (using the above)

"www.company.com/newsite" (Note this will not resolve)

Then create a site path route to "/" and select the above host as the destination

Not perfect, but got us over the line without having to resort to IIS or Netscaler.

I see they use an apache2 instance for their WAF feature. Apache 2 is capable of rewriting host headers and urls. The WAF Feature is packed in
        chroot-reverseproxy-2.4.10-159.g9bc4935.rb3.i686.rpm

And in your
        \var\storage\chroot-reverseproxy\usr\apache\conf\

their shold be a reverseproxy.conf with your settings. If you're good a apache 2 configuring you're able to write theese config files from overwriting vom confd maybe you're able to build and test a rewriting feature.

Indeed, I'd need to have this option also. I've two domains that are listening to the same CAS server and I need two URL's. Without his option, I need to make a workarround via IIS, with I think is silly.

Sophos is advertising to be "THE" replacement option for TMG, but this needed, and should be standard in my opinion, option is not available.

• BWBW commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are tons of examples of how to do this in .htaccess files. A few simple options, like the original requestors, would be great. Even better would be an "advanced" freeform text box to paste in more complicated regex.

Yes, please. There must be a way. Kann doch nicht so kompliziert sein. Gebt Euch einen Ruck. :-)

• gregorgregor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

how long we must wait for this ? is it so complicated?

is there an unofficial way to modify the apapche config, so i can do a rewrite till the the utm reboot? can someone explaine how?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base