SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

RED: VLAN port configuration on RED

It would be extremely handy to be able to configure the individual ports on a RED to support different VLANs -- for instance, port 1 and 2 could have VLANs 20 and 30 tagged, with ports 3 and 4 running untagged (VLAN 1)... really handy for a branch office setup with VOIP, etc. It would also be nice to be able to configure a hybrid port as well.. .that is, one that you can configure a native VLAN on (untagged) with tagged VLAN IDs all on the same port, a la Cisco, etc.

55 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

BrucekConvergentBrucekConvergent shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can I pass two VLANs to WAN interface of RED 10 and put two IP one dot1q interfaces?

• Steve LaffertySteve Lafferty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see the RED handle 802.1Q tagged packets (VLANs). I don't necessarily need to tag the physical port on the RED but I would like to see the RED pass these packets through to the ASG so I can handle appropriately. Otherwise I need 1 RED for each VLAN that I need to handle.

• maygyvermaygyver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Your Switchport Must be configured with vlans tagged to it. Let's say your Interface has Vlan 12,13,205 , so the Switchport Must have at least, 12,13,205 tagged or all vlans tagged( might called Trunk port)

• maygyvermaygyver commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

just setup vlan Interfaces on the Red physikal Interface. Setup Switch port connected to Red with tagged Ports for vlans.

• Jason MougeotJason Mougeot commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tried and doesn't seem to work...how have you done it. the asg will allow you to create ethernet vlans but does not chat to my switch.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.