Lightbulb Illustration

Sophos Ideas

Do you have an idea for Sophos UTM? Do you recognize a good idea when you see one? We want to hear from you!

I suggest you ...

WAN-Bonding

Please implement the posibility to bond WAN-lines. Free FW-Appliances like pfSense are able to do that. Why not Sophos?

At home (my testing area, before I implement new confs in the company FWs) I have two ISPs. UnityMedia with 125/4 MBit and Telekom with 100/40 MBit. Only with an UTM it's not possible to bond the lines, so that I can use the full bandwith of both lines.
Momentary I've solved that by putting a pfSense-appliance between the IPS-modems and the UTM. So I reach speeds like 223/44 MBit.
But... why use an other appliance between ISP-lines and UTM? Why isn't it possible that the UTM can manage that?

At our main office we also have 2 ISP-lines. So it would be also interresting for our FullGuard-UTM' to use the full bandwith of both lines.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Manuel AbeledoManuel Abeledo shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • LippoldLippold commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi All, i can´t understand what you want? The SG / UTM Devices have Uplink Balacing, an Multipath Rules. Use use it on serveral customers, which have up to four different ISPs and it works great.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

When pfsense could this, it shouldn't be a Great Problem for Sophos to implement this Feature! I would like it!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can not englisch...
        Habe mir den Text von Google übersetzen lassen. Ich fände das auch sehr gut. Wir haben auch 2 Leitungen. Ein bündeln wäre sehr schön.

Feedback and Knowledge Base