SG UTM

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for SG UTM. The ultimate network security package.

Suggest an Idea...

VPN: Auto-Close SSL VPN Connection after certain time

Close connections of desired SSL VPN users after a certain time of inactivity.

44 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

PeterPeter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Brian LongBrian Long commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any updates on this? Another UTM customer here that needs this feature implemented yesterday.

• Martin DamgaardMartin Damgaard commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Alan
        We abandoned the XG platform half a year ago, because allmost everything is highly BETA status, and very much untested, and things are breaking all over the place between firmware updates.
        Right now were happy customers on the UTM platform, and will be for the coming years until XG matures and the platforms merge into a stable product.
        In the meantime, please stop pointing UTM users in the direction of XG, as it is clearly not mature for enterprise and corporate installations!
        This is a small fix to the current very stable UTM platform - just accept the peoples voice, and implement, or reject it.
        Your "This feature was/is/mayby - soon implemented XG firewalls is of no use to your loyal customers who is still on UTM for a reason!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This functionality may well have been implemented in the XG firewalls but when are you going to implement it for the SG series?

hii,
        I decently need it because the users arent responsible for security - I DO.
        Please add it ASAP.
        Thank You

To correct my last post, you can block access during non-work hours via the firewall rules, but still, the inactive disconnect is what we really need.

We are 15 days into our "try-and-buy"... just discover this issue as well. Wow, scary. Also, would have been nice to have windows of time when certain user can access the VPN.

• Nelson JudanNelson Judan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just spoke with support. This feature is still not available on the latest release. 9.309-3. I am sure I speak for everyone on this blog post, please Enable this Feature ASAP!

This is PCI requirement 12.3.8. Sophos UTM is not a PCI compliant VPN endpoint and we're going to have to abandon it if this isn't corrected quickly. Our annual renewal is next month, March 2015.

• Al DempseyAl Dempsey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Sophos UTM is sold as a PCI compliant firewall, yet PCI requires that all remote access VPN connections be automatically disconnected after a set amount of idle time.

YOU NEED TO ENABLE THIS FEATURE!

• bradbrad commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any traction on this feature? I've had a few request as of late for it

• Michael TamMichael Tam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Many different types of firewall provides a setting that the administrator can set the connection timout / idle time for the sslvpn and ipsec vpn client to increase the security

Thanks.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.